Everybody needs to have at least one good banana-bread recipe, to use up those over-ripe bananas. Here's the one I use.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 90 minutes
- 3 cups sugar (you can use a bit less to taste)
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 4 large eggs (US large)
- 8 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together sugar, butter, and eggs.
- Add buttermilk and dry ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Add bananas and pecans, if desired.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes. Resist the siren call of the half-baked banana bread. It's worth waiting for.