My mom found this recipe in a women's magazine back in the late 80s and basically ignored the frosting directions. I don't think it needs frosting at all, but you can use your favorite recipe or buy ready-made cake frosting.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes Bake Time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (It's not cheating.)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 large eggs (US large)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13"x9" baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixer bowl.
- Blend at low speed, then increase to high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a tookpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 15 minutes. Invert onto serving dish and cool further until ready to serve.